Monday, July 22, 2013

Public History Website Project Update, Last Week of Posts

     I spent the day's morning browsing some sites that are similar to my soon-to-be-realized Public History website facilitated by Weebly.  Feeling that I needed to do further lay-out research, I perused gardening, landscaping, and topically-appropriate historical websites.  I do believe that I have narrowed down my tabbing topics and now feel that there was really nothing for me to second-guess.  I am trying to over-complicate the website.  The same way that I over-complicate just about everything having to do with my career.  For me, educationally, this website is supposed to serve two purposes.  The first purpose is for the website to serve as a possible model for any future site that I may need/want to create/maintain.  Though my project site concerning "Early North American Colonial Landscaping" will be temporary, its skeleton can show my instructor that I am qualified to produce a website on a professional level in the future.  Thus, the website's grading purpose is fulfilled.  Second, and undeniably tied to the first purpose, the website is supposed to be informative on its given topic.  My over-complicating was introduced through my attempting to match my website outline more closely.  However, I have to remember that the outline that I submitted to the instructor is a best-case scenario and a text-version of website nirvana.  I, however, am not inclined to spend the money to facilitate such a temporary project any longer.  This does bring up a slight addendum to that statement however.  Weebly can not accommodate the high-definition of my photographs and I must upgrade to allow this uploading of content.  That's okay... what's seven bucks!  So, I upgraded to the "Pro" version and am sailing right along.
     Upon speaking with a slightly-peeved (sorry!) and now-shy Tori- a friend of mine from Liverpool, England- about this blog, I may end up keeping it going for a while longer, past the mandatory course period. Mind you, I will revert back to my original format, sans homework assignments.  I have received many e-mails about keeping the blog going and appreciate all of you who have taken the time to read my humble ramblings.  I want to maintain an outlet for sharing- interests, knowledge, and empowering thoughts. As for right now, everything is firmly rooted in positivity- my educational realm and the website that it will soon bear. 

1 comment:

  1. Glad people are asking you to keep the blog going - I have really enjoyed it and would continue reading it into the future. The site sounds like it is progressing nicely as well - and, if done right (as it sounds like it is), will open doors for you in the world of design.

    ReplyDelete